Friday, October 31, 2008

Tons of treats and not so many tricks

We had a great day... a great month! I love fall and I love Halloween. The remarkable warm weather has had us spending a lot of time outside cleaning up the summer plants and playing in the leaves. Every year our trees get a little bigger, but we still don't have enough leaves for a really great pile to jump in, so Jade and Logan (along with their neighbor friends) proceeded to gather armfuls of leaves from the neighboring yards. They had a blast raking, jumping and re-raking. Someday leaf raking may be a chore.


This month involved the usual fun Halloween activities, a party at Nate's mom's, school party & parade, and trick-or treating. Tonight I took Logan and his friend Matthew out for trick-or-treating, while Jade went out with her friend Ella and her dad.

Here's a little conversation the boys had about their candy as we roamed the neighborhood:

Logan: I have the biggest bag so I can get lots of candy. (Mind you anytime someone tried to give him more than one piece of candy he handed back the extras and said "just one please.") It's one of my Mommy's pillowcases.

Matthew: How much candy can fit in there?

Logan: Umm I don't know.

Matthew: ten?

Logan: Probally (Logan's pronounciation, not my misspelling) more than that.

Matthew: A hundred?

Logan: Umm I don't think a hundred. Maybe... like ten hundred or something.

They did make quite a haul. It's a good thing Mom and Dad are around to help them eat it.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That conversation between Matthew and Logan is so cute! It made me laugh. I love the pictures of your kids in their costumes. I love Logan and Jade's pose!

Amanda said...

I LOVE that conversation! How CUTE was that? I really enjoyed your pictures, too- and I was loving the warm weather...

Shannon said...

Such darling costumes! Jade looks simply beautiful! Very creative costumes this year. It sounds like it was a good Halloween for you all.