Monday, October 13, 2008

Rejects

Taking family photos with little kids is always a priceless moment. We tackled this task last weekend so we'd have an updated picture to hang up before Jade's baptism (more about that in an upcoming post). For us it's extra fun since we're both the subjects and the photographer (Nate). He sets up a tripod, then uses a wireless remote to take as many pictures as the memory card will hold, knowing the majority of them will have to be thrown out, but amongst the rejects will be the jewel that makes it to everyone's mailbox as our holiday greeting. Just for fun, I thought I'd give you a sneak peak of some of the trashed photos from this year's shoot. Logan's expressions are always my favorites!



The conversation behind the scenes goes something like this...

Nate: "Okay, smile!"

Aeris: WAAAAHHHH

Logan & Jade: "CHEEEEESE"

Flash & Click

Aeris: WAAAAHHH

Nate: "No. Don't say cheese. Just SMILE. Ready? Everyone SMMMIIILE!"

Flash & click

Nate (directed at me): "Can't you bounce her or something so she stops crying? Ready? SMILE!"

Logan: "Lightnening McQueen!"

Flash & click

Jade: "I'm not saying THAT, Logan! I want to say something girly!"

Aeris: WAAAAAAHHHH

Nate: "No. Just SMILE! (directed at me again) I can't believe you can't get her to stop crying."

Aeris: Slurp, slurp. (now holding and sucking on my bracelet)

Me: Remember we'll have cookies when we get home if you be nice"

Jade & Logan: "We'll be nice. We'll be NICE"

Flash & click

4 comments:

Steph said...

FUNNY~! Love the dialog!

Michelle said...

Isn't that how all family photos go? Ha ha! But the pictures are classic! Love the pictures!

Amanda said...

You did so well capturing that whole scene!

Lizz said...

LOL! We did pictures Monday, I can't wait to see the results! I will have to post when I get them, my kids shocked me and actually behaved!!!!!