Tuesday, December 2, 2008

This is romantic?

Nate, being the wonderful husband that he is, put Made of Honor into our Netflix queue with the idea that it would nice little romantic comedy that I would enjoy. We watched it last night. I couldn't figure out who they were writing this movie for. Generally, romantic comedies appeal to women, so I figure this must have been their intended audience. I was turned off from the opening scene, where the main male character in the show, the one you're supposed to be rooting for in the end, roams around a college Halloween party, obviously drunk, looking for someone to sleep with. You find out in this same scene that he's known for sleeping with a lot of women. Fast forward ten years and nothing has changed. He loves to sleep with lots of women.

Then there are the two "geeks." The writers of this movie obviously introduced these characters thinking it would be funny for the main characters to hide from, ignore, and be rude to them.

Oh yes, and they always have to include their one allowed F word.

I actually felt sad for the girl at the end. She was a pretty likable girl. Too bad she had to end up with such a shmuck!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Not my favorite, either! Sharing food is important, but not THAT important!

Grandma B said...

Hi Jaynan,
It is Janet, Shannon's mom-in-law. I like to check in on your blog periodically to see your cute family. I agree with your critic of Maid of Honor...only actually, they are allowed two F words now, sad.
I am emailing to ask if you could post the answers to your music quiz last Christmas. I went to your post to get it, but your side bar has changed and the answers are no longer there. I have the quiz, if you could please just need the answers. Thanks and Merry Christmas!