Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Bright Side

I am reading a book called Focus of the Good Stuff, the Power of Appreciation by Mike Robbins. The basic premise for this book is that no matter what happens there is always a reason to be grateful. So, I’m going to give you a quick run-down on what we’ve been doing lately and let you know the positive of each.


Logan’s preschool graduation was on May 22. I know he’s pretty reserved, so I tried to build up the whole thing, asking him if he was going to sing with his class. I told him I’d have the video camera ready, watching it and wanted to hear his voice! He spent nearly the entire program sitting on his chair sucking his thumb!
The bright side? I don’t think he’ll ever get in trouble for talking in school.


Jade, Logan, and now Aeris have all come down with a cold and nasty cough. Logan got the worst of it, still coughing after two weeks and finally coming down with an ear infection too which meant a trip to urgent care on Sunday. He’s now taking an antibiotic and a steroid and sleeps with a humidifier.
The bright side? Jade is off track so we’ve been able to stay home, sleep in, and get well!


Nate’s new job has him studying constantly.
The bright side? I’ve had more time to read also. I’ve been reading the Book of Mormon every day and am trying to catch up on all the books my friends and family have recommended.


On Monday night we were visited by an ambulance, a fire truck, and two police cars. We called 911 because Aeris gave us quite a scare when she stopped breathing after Logan had stepped on her belly.
The bright side? They left WITHOUT Aeris. It took them so long to get here that by the time they arrived and checked her she had started breathing again on her own, though shallow at first. She had regained her normal color and was acting like herself.

Oh and I took her back to the pediatrician for a weight check last week and she's gained 7 ounces! That still doesn't put her on the chart, but at least it's progress!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness, Jay. First, I am so glad Aeris is alright. How long did she stop breathing?? I imagine Logan was in trouble once she was okay. I am sorry you had to deal with that. Second, Logan is too darling. So where did his coy side come from? I haven't noticed it. Third, Nate... new job? Is this from his recent interviews?

We need to talk!

Amanda said...

Yeah, Wow! Where have I been? I can't believe you've been through all of this... hoping Aeris is okay and that Logan can come play SOON! We love you guys...

Nelson Family said...

Man, you really have been through it! I'm so sorry! Thanks for the insight on keeping a positive spin on all the craziness in life! I have been thinking about that a lot more lately!

Steph said...

I like the positive side of thinking too. Great lists! We are so glad that nothing came from the little epidsode with Aeris, and that you are doing alright also! That was a scare.