Thursday, June 26, 2008

Always Forgetful

Nate's youngest brother tied the knot yesterday. Nate took the day off work and we kept Jade home from school so we could all celebrate with them. I started making a list a couple of days before of all the things we’d need since I knew we’d be out all day. We all needed a change of clothes. Of course that meant a change of shoes as well. I also wanted to bring hats just in case the kids would be in the sun. I needed Tylenol and Logan’s Singulair so I could continue to manage his cough (YES! He’s coughing AGAIN! He stayed cough-free for a total of twelve days!) We also had to have snacks and diapers and toys and crayons and I Spy books. I packed extra make-up, hair elastics, hair spray, curling irons, nail polish, and a pocket sized mirror. Aeris would be sitting in the stroller, so we had to have that. Obviously I could keep going on and on. My point is, I tried to be very organized. I was looking forward to having a fun day downtown with our kids. We had a cousin watching the kids during the ceremony and we’d be having a nice lunch at the Lion House. I knew I needed a few tricks in order to keep them under control. So what did I end up forgetting? There’s always something you know. Nate had a second pair of pants, but didn’t bring a second belt. I needed a button-down white dress shirt for Logan. I brought the long-sleeved one that’s a little short and kept coming untucked instead of the short-sleeved one that fits better. The biggest thing… all day we were taking pictures but never once thought to have someone take a picture of us… TOGETHER. We have great pictures of Jade and Logan and dozens of the bride and groom. I even took a couple of Nate and he took one of Aeris and one of me, but in the 126 pictures we took yesterday there isn’t one family picture… not of the five of us… not of Nate with his Mom and Dad and siblings… not of his family including spouses and kids. Of course the photographer was taking some (though not of the five of us), but they’ll cost a whole lot more than I would pay to print our own. How sad!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful pictures! I love what the kids are wearing. So cute!

Amanda said...

Oh, I love weddings! I also was very impressed with the twin grandma's- wow! How cute! You sounded very very organized to me- makes for smooth sailing, doesn't it!?

Steph said...

sounds to me like you were organized too...not to bad missy! weddings are fun!