Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Does this ever happen to you?

So I'm holding Aeris on my hip because if I put her down she'll cry and I'm trying to open the seal on her Gerber baby food. I've got a spoon in my hand ready at the corner of the seal where I'm very gently starting to pull in an upward motion. I'm hoping the spoon will deflect what I know by now is inevitable... the baby food that blurps out of the container the minute the seal is broken. If the spoon trick is unsuccessful, I end up with baby food splattered on my hand, the counter, and usually either Aeris's clothes or mine (or both!). Then I have to wash it off my hands before adding any other spots on our already stained clothes. Since I'm doing my best to follow the doctor's orders and fatten her up, we go through this 2-3 times a day. Ahh, motherhood!

3 comments:

Rusti said...

Only too many times has that happened with me! haha I've realized thought that I'm quite a clutz and I can't do so much at once. :)

Monika said...

That is so funny! Just a few months ago I was complaning about the same thing to my mom. She thought it might be because we are at a higher elevation (you know what happens to your shampoo after you go somewhere?). Don't feel like a clutz -- maybe it just has to do with where we live!

Michelle said...

I can remember doing that with Matthew. I still do it with yogurt or pudding. It makes me so mad! I guess I get to look forward to that with our new baby!