Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sock Ears... Christmas Memories #3

What better way to bring in the true spirit of Christmas than with a live nativity? While we were young we acted out the Christmas story as a family. My brother was Joseph, adorned in plaid bath robe and towel on his head. The rest of us girls took turns playing the roles of Mary, the angel, Wise Men, and Shepherds. That left my dad to play... the donkey? That's right. The donkey played a very important role in the Christmas story. How else would Mary have gotten all the way to Bethlehem? Well we didn't have a costume for him, so putting his engineering mind to work, he put a pair of dress socks over his ears and voila, a donkey. It was so fun to see my very serious dad down on his hands and knees with socks on his ears. Why in all my pages of childhood photos do I NOT have a picture of this?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love this memory! I will be writing a similar one... but not with the donkey ears. That is classic! I can't believe you don't have a picture of your Dad!