Friday, November 30, 2007

Winner!

Jade's Reflections song was chosen as one of the top five in her age group to move on to the next level. They held an awards ceremony last night, but didn't tell any of the students (or the parents) whether or not they would be receiving an award. Well, her school is a 15 minute drive and the ceremony was past when Logan needed to be in bed and it was at the same time as my enrichment meeting... one I had been really looking forward to and volunteered to speak at. I had arranged for my mom to babysit so I could go since Nate was working late. Unfortunately, I decided we would not attend the awards ceremony. I didn't want to go all the way down there and miss my meeting just to have her end up all upset because she hadn't won anything. After all, she attends the accelerated school. I'm sure there were some really fantastic entries. It really would have been nice to have a heads up from the reflections committee that she would receive something. I guess they figure if they don't tell us, more people will come. So, I feel bad that we weren't there for the BIG MOMENT, but glad that she won! Congratulations Jade!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Good job, Jade! That is so awesome that she won. We will have to hear her song some time.