Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween


We had a fun Halloween! I feel like we've been celebrating all month long! We went to several costume parties this year, so our kids wore their costumes a TON! The great thing is, they didn't get sick of them. Now they're going to go through withdrawal. When I told Logan it was time to get dressed for preschool today he wanted to wear his Spiderman costume again. I guess that's how you know you picked the right one. We were so excited about all the pumpkins that grew in the garden this year... well actually the vines were a huge pain since they took over and I couldn't find my way through them to pick anything else, but whatever! We gave some of them to our neighbors to carve and still had a bunch for ourselves. The kids loved watching me pull out all the "mucky mud" (I have no idea where THAT came from!) out of the pumpkins and deciding what we should carve into each one. I didn't draw a single pattern this year... I just started cutting and hoped for the best! It was totally fun and I think they turned out great! The kids had a blast trick-or-treating and came home with way too much candy. The highlight of the trip was the house that served hot dogs and chocolate milk. We hope your Halloween was wonderful too!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Your jack-o-lanterns really turned out good! I like the star one and how a star glowed on your house from the candle. Very cool. Umm, I think the mucky mud came from a Dora show. That sounds really familiar to me. The pictures turned our so cute. Your kids looked darling on Halloween! It was fun trick-or-treating with you guys.

Ashley said...

Cute! Looks like fun. OK, so you've been tagged! You're on for 6 things.

Taralee said...

Your blog is so fun! The kids were adorable for Halloween and the pumpkins were very creative. How satisfying to know you even grew them yourself! I also love reading your commentary on your blog. You're a great writer and really "bring things to life."

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fun Halloween. The kids look great and the pumpkins too! I hope you saved a few sweets for yourself; you worked hard too!