Monday, November 12, 2007

Fall Colors

My Mom bought this mum plant to be a centerpiece for an Easter lunch we had at my house a couple of years ago. After keeping it on my counter for a few weeks I decided to try planting it out in a flower bed. It was so pretty, I didn't want to throw it out. I had no idea whether it would survive or not. I've watched it now for two summers and nothing... not one flower. The plant seemed to be thriving however, so I've left it alone. When I mentioned it to my mom she said they bloom in the fall. It hadn't bloomed last fall, so I wasn't expecting anything. Well, I looked out at the back yard yesterday and this is what I saw. Just when everyone is clearing out their flowers for the year, I have this beautiful array of color! What a nice reminder that you should never give up.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations! That's amazing that it stayed dormant for so long and finally bloomed! I must give up too early on my mums.

Steph said...

Your flower is really pretty. I like the analogy you shared about not giving up. I sometimes need to be reminded to not give up on things so easily. I enjoy fall and spring. When some flowers and plants are dying and fading away there are others that come and take our breath away. Thanks for sharing!