Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Chasing Deals

For the past two weeks, Smiths grocery store has had some great prices on products that support schools. Well, I'm never one to miss out on a great deal, so I've made SEVERAL trips to more than one Smiths location hoping to purchase the varieties we use most. Unfortunately, everyone else must like the same items we do, because everytime I made a trip, the shelves were cleaned out. And of course, not wanting to leave without purchasing something, I proceeded to pick fifteen items that we'll probably use (in order to take advantage of the deal, you had to purchase fifteen). Well the sale ends today. I got tired of taking chances with what was left, so I asked the cashier yesterday what time I needed to be at the store to ensure I would find what I wanted. She said they've had a run at the store about 9:00am every day with people leaving the store with carts full. If I came at 4 or 5am I would probably miss the rush. Well, at 5am this morning I was awake with Aeris anyway, so after I tucked her back into bed I whispered to Nate that I was leaving her home and going to the store. The store was empty of customers, but they had the Prego sauce I had been looking for for two weeks. So, with my mission accomplished I headed home feeling great! Nate thinks I'm crazy, but I'm glad our food storage shelves have been filling up!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I know where to come now when there is a disaster! Maybe next time you could grab some for us too. :) Hope you guys are doing well.

Amy said...

Albertsons has some great deals like that too. I stocked up today on cereal, granola bars, refrigerator and freezer rolls. . .all sorts of stuff. I bought 92 items and spent $87. The best part was where the receipt said how much I'd saved--OVER $183!! Grocery sale shopping is my sport.