Sunday, July 19, 2009

Too Old for Lagoon and I'm Glad Movie Theaters are Dark

Jade talks about Lagoon a LOT. We went twice the year Aeris was born, but then didn't go last summer. It was nearly unforgivable, so when discount day arrived for our church ward, she wouldn't let the opportunity pass her by. I used to love Lagoon. I'd invite my most favorite of friends and we'd see how many guys we could pick up on before the end of the day. Well, now that I'm married, THAT side of Lagoon has lost it's charm and without that, you just have the fact that I'd probably throw up if I rode anything. So, being as nothing will make Nate throw up, he had the honors of taking her.

As a consolation for missing out on "Lagoon Day," I took Logan and Aeris to see a movie. Deep down, I guess I knew how it would go taking a two-year-old into a movie theater, but it was an acceptable replacement activity as far as Logan was concerned, AND it was out of the heat. We arrived part way during the previews, so the theater was already dark. Aeris wasn't sure what to think at first. She clung to me for ten minutes or so, peaking out of my shirt just enough to see that something was showing on the screen. Once that wore off, she wanted out. Out. OUT. She fussed and complained, and climbed. I finally took her in my arms, assured Logan that I'd stay close by, and stood in the aisle with her. That lasted about ten more minutes. After that, it was pure torture. She walked up and down the aisle, giggling at herself. She found her way around the back of the theater and noticed someone else went out that way. She banged on the door. I proceeded to hold her some more, until she'd squirm her way out of my arms, then it was back to walking up and down the aisle and giggling. Oh, and while all this was going on, Logan kept turning around and standing up on his seat to see where I had gone. As soon as the movie was over I grabbed Logan's hand and told him to RUN. Thank goodness for the protection of darkness. No one from the theater will recognize me or my unruly children.

Nate brought Jade home before 10 pm suffering from a major headache. Maybe Lagoon has lost its charm for him too. Apparently Jade ran him from ride to ride ALL DAY. And now... well she's talking about Lagoon more than ever.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Sounds like the day would have been best spent at a park! I'm sure Jade loved her day though. And to speak for the old days... you dragged me on so many spinning, whirling rides that I was the one getting sick. :)