Sunday, July 12, 2009

Restaurant Review: Asian Star

Click here for location & online info

http://www.dininginutah.com/asianstar.htm

Dishes ordered:
cashew stir fry with assorted veggies and chicken
sweet and sour pork
hot and sour soup
egg flower soup
*both dishes came with soup, rice, fried shrimp, egg roll, & cream cheese wanton

We ate here for our anniversary this past weekend. Nate had been before with some friends from work, but it was my first time. They have a very small parking lot, so they offer free valet parking (tips optional). Otherwise, you have to park across the street. They seated us quickly and had water on the table within seconds of us sitting down. The waiter came immediately behind the person delivering the water to give us menus and take a drink order, which came out seconds later. Within minutes of taking our order, we were brought our soup. It was hot and delicious! I had the hot and sour soup. I have no idea what was in it, but I could have eaten that and nothing else! It’s a good thing the soup portions are small though, because the dinner portions were HUGE! Nate and I used the extra plates on the table to share the meat dishes. The cashew chicken was LOADED with cashews. It’s a good thing I love them! The veggies were carrots, zucchini and celery. I’m glad I ordered a dish that had veggies, because the sweet and sour did not have any. Between the two of us, we probably ate about a third of the food. It warmed up nicely as left-overs the next day. If you come with a large group as Nate did, you can order several items from the menu and rice ala carte and then eat them “family style.” We saw the table next to us do it that way.

The service was super fast. In fact, I almost felt rushed. This was not a place to sit and stay to chat. On a Saturday night, we were in and out in less than an hour.

The food was so delicious, of high quality and came in large portions.

The price was expected for the amount of food. It’s a little more pricey than your fast-food Asian restaurants, but well worth it.

What I will try next time: lettuce wraps. I’ve heard they’re amazing! We just didn’t have any more room in our bellies this time!

5 comments:

Tamara ViAnn said...

Ooo... that sounds so good right now.

Monika said...

That is David's FAVORITE restaurant! You need to try the tangerine beef! Yummy!

Michelle said...

Lettuce wraps are the best!!

Amanda said...

Sweet! Is this going to be a new thing on your blog? I think restaurant reviews are awesome! Happy Anniversary!!

Lizz said...

Mmmmmm....I am soooo having (do I just say Asian???) food for lunch!