Monday, January 26, 2009

She's Gotta Have 'em


I took advantage of a sale to replenish our stock of cold breakfast cereal. Jade and Logan had a terrible time deciding which cereal to eat and finally settled on Kellogs Pops. Aeris, strong-minded little girl that she is, pointed and babbled until I clued in that she wanted what they were having. Immediately she was hooked. Mind you, she's tried a lot of cold cereals, some sweetened, and she's never reacted this way. If I even try to pour any other cereal into her bowl, she screams and shoves it away. "Pops!" she yells. Keep in mind, she has about a fifteen word vocabulary, and "Mom" is not included in that list. This afternoon, after having had three bowls of Pops for breakfast, and a full lunch, she was walking (pushing the walker) through the kitchen when she noticed the pantry was open. SCORE! She crawled in and pointed and babbled. I, playing dumb, picked her up to see if she would grab up what she wanted (if she even knew what she wanted). She reached up to the boxes of cereal and picked out the Pops from the six boxes of cereal tightly packed on the shelf, some of which are even the same bright yellow and similar in size. She knows her Pops and she's gotta have 'em!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

That picture is too funny of her! Ha ha! I usually read your blog through my reader so I haven't noticed your background! So cute!

Steph said...

That is funny and very cute!

Ashley said...

She is a cutie and knows what she wants!

Shannon said...

Cute post, Jay. Aeris is a doll. She looks like she's grown up so much, of course I haven't seen her much in person.

How about that IOU to Rod Works? I called last week. I feel so bad we didn't get together for Christmas. We never miss that one!!! Call me.

Amanda said...

I love that picture!

Nurse Heidi said...

Smart kid! That's what my kids begged for as well, and the two bigguns had it for breakfast. I haven't shared that secret with Katie yet...

Taralee said...

Oh my goodness, too funny. She is so cute. I wish I could see her more! Give her a hug from us...and a few pops of course.

Lanna said...

I can't believe how big she has gotten. It is so great to see pictures of your kids. Who can blame her with the cereal? Pops are the best!