Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's Great To Be Young... At Heart

The Beatles wrote many songs that became classics. One of my favorites is the one titled, "When I'm 64." I've always envisioned a cuddly old couple who has grown old together and are now enjoying their golden years comfortably sitting in rocking chairs.


Where do you picture yourself at 64?


Are you riding four-wheelers and dirt bikes in the mountains? Maybe you'll be braving the rapids on a raft in Cataract Canyon or up in the Pacific Ocean on an Alaskan Cruise? It would be nice to relax on some white Hawaiian beaches.





Since retiring a couple of years ago my parents have been doing all of the above... and more... minus the growing old part! Last weekend they went on a ten-mile bike ride... not the motorized kind this time! I love that they're in good enough health to truly enjoy their retirement years. In between their adventures on bikes, rivers, cruise ships, and beaches, they travel to visit their kids and grandkids all over the country and occasionally tend our kids so we can have a night out. Good for you Mom and Dad! We love you!

3 comments:

Steph said...

How exciting!! I am so happy that your parents are able to do so many fun and wonderful things...especially together. I think that we all look forward to that day when we can do this. Great pictures!

Lizz said...

My parents are the same way! Isn't it awesome? I hope to be the same way.

Shannon said...

I love your parents! Such beautiful, wonderful people!