Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Silver Linings

Life has blown in a few more storm clouds than usual, so in order to lighten my mood, I thought I'd mention a few of the silver linings.

Helping in Logan's and Jade's classes
I learn so much about my kids by watching them interact at school. I always come home feeling pretty great about who they are growing up to be.

Going to the temple
There's no better place to find peace.

Logan, Logan, Logan
Today he insisted that Aeris come in his room with him. He wanted her on the floor right next to his train track. When she rolled over and attacked Thomas he laughed and laughed. "Mommy! Aeris is playing trains with me!" I had to put off her nap for an hour because every time I mentioned that it was time for her to go he wouldn't allow it. That boy has the sweetest personality!

Piano Recital
Mainly it's just nice to have it over with, but also there were a few kids who surprised me with their last-minute preparations. Jade, once again, performed beautifully.

Cleared Garden
I cleaned out what was left of last year's plants and Nate tilled and fertilized on Saturday. After our successful harvest last year, I can hardly wait to plant again. Oh, and there's no morning glory... yet!

Tulips
Those bright yellow blooms are so pretty, even if they're sprouting out of a layer of snow.

Friends and Family
Adult conversation is so great when you're surrounded by kids all day... even if some of those conversations take place on the www. Never underestimate the power of a "How are you?" or "What's new?" It's nice when you know people in your life care.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I actually really like Water For Elephants. The language is kinda harsh and you're right some of the scenes are over the top, but I think it's a great read. However, I would never pick it for book club. Too over the edge I think. Hope you guys are doing well!

Michelle said...

Love your list of "silver linings." It's making me think what some of mine are. My favorite is Logan playing with Aeris on the floor.

Amy said...

That's a great idea. I think I need to do something like that, so I won't dwell on the clouds either.

Rusti said...

Great idea! A possitive attitude can help chase away some of the dark clouds.