Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Oh Captain


Just over a year ago I decided that Logan, being THREE years old was ready to move out of the crib. Why was Logan still in a crib at THREE years old? Simple... he hadn't climbed out of it yet. I wasn't about to give up the fantastic benefit of having my child TRAPPED at bedtime and naptime everyday. Unfortunately, Nate kept commenting that it was probably about time he move into a bed. Actually I think it was more like, "This is ridiculous! You have got to move that kid out of the crib!" Yeah, Yeah. So I gave in. And within a few short months he had already started growing out of his toddler bed.
So, we chose a new bed for him. And since I'd left the poor kid in a crib for THREE years we picked out the biggest bed we could find, complete with built in drawers on one side for all his stuff and a totally cool hiding spot on the other side. We surprised him with it when he came home from preschool today. When Nate told him it's called a "Captain's Bed" he decided it was just about the best thing ever.
Speaking of captains. It's my dad's birthday today. When I was a kid, my mom gave him a captain's hat to wear when he drove around our ski boat at Lake Powell and Flaming Gorge. On more than one occasion it flew off when he'd hit a big wave or catch a major wind gust and we'd all yell at him to turn the boat around to fetch it. I wonder if he still has that hat. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the bed! I can't wait to come see it in person. I wish I would've remembered to ask him about it today. Now when will the entertainment center come....hmmm.

Shannon said...

Congrats Logan! What a very awesome bed for an awesome kid!

Lizz said...

Hi Jaynan! Your blog is AweSoME! I love your silver linings, and am not looking forward to moving Carson out of his crib for the same reasons as you! (Although he recently figured how to climb out using the changing table that is (was) next to his crib...) Can't wait to see what's next! -Lizz

Ashley said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you! I'm sorry it's so late. Hope you had a great day.

Rusti said...

I'm so with you on the crib thing. I think my kids are better sleepers in cribs. Any distractions are out of reach so what are they going to do but go to sleep. :)