Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I've Been Elected!

I guess it's old age. I've decided to be more involved in the political scene. I figure I don't have any room to complain about the issues and our government's flaws unless I put forth the effort to make changes. So I have gotten to know some political figures in my area and as a result was given a personal invitation to attend my precinct caucus (No invitations are required. Everyone in the precinct is welcome... and should come so everyone has a say in who represents our area). It was held at a neighbor's house and was quite worthwhile. They even respected my opinion enough to elect me as a county delegate, which means I get to attend the county convention and vote for candidates hoping to make it onto the ballet in November. What a great opportunity.

No comments: