Sunday, August 8, 2010

See You Soon


My parents begin their first mission for the LDS church as a senior couple in 7 days. They will spend two weeks in training then drive to NYC where they will serve for 18 months. When they come home my baby will be starting kindergarten. I haven't gone more than maybe a month without seeing my parents in my entire life. As I've grown older I have enjoyed their company more and more. The closer we move toward their departure date, the more anxiety I feel thinking about that last hug. For now, we keep saying "we'll see you soon." I think when it's time for them to actually leave I'll just say that again. Then it won't feel like it's going to be such a long time.

2 comments:

Monika said...

I had no idea! How exciting, but I am sure they will be missed. :)

Ashley said...

Great picture of them. I am sure it will be hard not having them around.