Monday, March 15, 2010

Meeting Someone Famous

Have you read the Fablehaven books? Jade picked them up from her school library and couldn't stop talking about them. I decided that if she was that excited about them then I should read them too so we could have conversations about them. They're wonderful books. So full of imaginative ideas and characters. They're completely clean too, so I feel great about Jade reading them! The second book is when the series really starts to get good. The first one has to introduce the characters and ideas, but the second one goes quickly to the action! The conclusion to the series is book #5. It comes out March 23rd.


When I checked the author's website and saw that he would be at a local bookstore signing books I knew we had to make the trip. Jade was in heaven meeting her favorite author and asking him where his ideas come from. He gave a lot individual attention to everyone in line so it was definitely a worthwhile experience for her. Unfortunately I took the pictures quickly and didn't notice until I downloaded them that the focus was off a bit. So you get the slightly blurred version of their visit. Actually they look pretty good here, but when I look at the big version on our photo viewer it's pretty obvious the focus is on the background instead of my subjects. (On the bright side, there are some really beautiful pictures of Christ, temples, and Joseph Smith in the background that are totally clear if you zoom in :).



She even met a friend in line. It always amazes me how quickly and easily she makes friends. The boy in line behind us was so much like her and they chatted and chatted all the way until we had to hop into the van to leave. She really wanted his phone number. Oh boy. What am I in for?

2 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Brandon Mull came to Foothills a few weeks ago! The line was soooooooooooooo long, though, that we bagged getting him to sign a book. Ethan has plowed through all of his offerings, some of them twice, and enjoyed them immensely.

Ashley said...

Matthew loves those books! He has read them all. He would love to meet him. How fun!!