Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm Sorry Chuck E Cheese

A few years ago Jade attended a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. I dropped her off, ran to run an errand, and made it back in time to see some of the playtime. She LOVED it, as most kids do, but I was completely disgusted. It seemed SO DARK in there!! Is it just my bad memory, or were the lights really all on dim? Then there was that dreaded tunnel playset and slides. It seemed like it took up half the play area. All my fears were realized when another party guest had to remove his clothes because another child playing had vomited in the slide and he'd been the lucky one to go down after her. I cannot stand those playsets because I'm SURE no grown person goes up into them to clean them. Since then, I have shared my disgust with a TON of people and well, I'm now going to eat those words.

We visited Chuck E Cheese for Logan's birthday lunch with my parents last week. Since I knew who he'd be with, I agreed to the trip. I'm sure you can see where this is going. IT WAS GREAT! We had pizza which I had heard wasn't too tasty, but I actually really liked. The eating area in front of the stage was somewhat dim so your attention was drawn to the stage, but it wasn't dark like I remembered it. We ate at a booth away from the stage and it was completely lit. The animals on the stage were adorable with their moving bodies and eyes. Aeris stared at them for the longest time trying to figure it out. They do have a tunnel playset, but I think it's been moved, or else they took out the huge one I remember that was over by the arcade area. I still have fears about the cleanliness of it, but with all the other activities, Logan only made one trip in there. Everything takes JUST ONE TOKEN, including these neat picture taking booths. The kids weren't flocking to them, but I recognize a bargain item when I see it! Both Logan and Aeris had their picture taken and printed on a little credit card size ID card. Logan had a computer sketching done. Aeris wouldn't sit still for that one. There was a huge variety of games, all of which Logan could play. We'll definitely go back sometime.

Aeris mostly just wanted OUT of this truck. It's up and down and slanting motion was a bit too real for her. Logan LOVED it and couldn't get enough!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I feel the same way about the cleanliness! Thats why we don't go very often. The kids do love it. I have seen one by us that seems cleaner. Hope you are all doing great

Shannon said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. It is still Chuck E Cheese after all. The thing that makes it worth it is always the kids. I rejoiced when I discovered they took out that huge overhead playground too. It really is a kid paradise... pizza, games and prizes... what more could I kiddo want?

Taralee said...

Oh too funny. I could just picture the whole thing. I'm surprised Mom and Dad were willing to go there. I'm glad it was a good experience.