Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Surprise!

When I told Jade there was no way I could pull together a big party for her birthday this year she didn't question it. That's when I knew I needed to do it. More than any other year. The best part was, she would have no idea. She has been planning surprise parties for her toys for years, so I knew she would LOVE it. And actually, the preparations were minimal. I sent out Evite invitations and we had the party at a park, so there were no decorations. I made a cake for dinner on her birthday and she didn't ask why I had her decorating a bunch of cupcakes too. I put the favors together the night before and planned some outdoor games. Not everyone could come, but she didn't know who I'd invited, so there was no sadness about who wasn't there, just the thrill of seeing the friends who did come. It was a great day!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute pictures! I LOVE the one of her hugging Ella! I will need a copy of that one. Actually, I think I am able to steal it from your blog :) The kids had a blast. Thanks for letting Matthew join in too. It's been way too long seeing you guys. Hopefully when Jade is back in school we can plan a play date- and when Matthew is off track we'll get the boys together too. I have it all figured out in my mind :)

Shannon said...

The unexpected surprise is the best kind! Jade's expression in the first photo is priceless. Good move, mom. I can imagine that seeing all of her friends was a dream come true!

Ashley said...

What a fun surprise!! That was such a good idea. Happy Birthday

Taralee said...

It hadn't occured to me to do a surprise party. Good idea. Sounds like you pulled off another great party. Love the hug pictures...gotta love girls!

Amanda said...

What a cute bunch! I loved Nate's post about being on his way to the party!! Thanks for sharing!