Saturday, February 14, 2009

Just Spit It Out

I won't be making Logan finish any veggies to earn his dessert. A few months back he loved eating yogurt. Actually a more accurate statement would be he loved tasting yogurt. He'd open a container just to eat a couple of bites and then declare, "I'm full." Half-eaten containers of yogurt gross me out, so I'd throw them away every time. Finally I'd had enough. He asked for yogurt one day and I told him that unless he finished it he wasn't getting down from the table. The look on his face after the first bite told me he didn't like it AT ALL, but he persisted. Next thing I know, he's gagging. Whatever, I thought. Then he threw up. I won't let him eat yogurt anymore.

This week it was a banana. He eats them all the time. He was sitting at the table. I was making him a sandwich, and he started gagging. Yup, then he threw up. "What's wrong with you? Are you sick?" I asked. "That banana was yucky," he said. "You touched it with your wet hands so it was wet. I didn't like it."

We had a nice conversation about not continuing to eat something that he doesn't like.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

kids are so crazy with food. I never thought feeding kids was going to be so hard. good luck

Taralee said...

Oh the battles we've fought over food. And you know what...it hasn't been worth it. We just can't help ourselves can we? Hope you can keep your resolve to just let it go.

Amanda said...

I am with you- I don't battle anymore because it doesn't work!!