Tuesday, January 22, 2008

More Sick

Can't this month end yet? Aeris and Jade came down with Logan's cough/cold over the weekend. I don't know why I continue to try to quarantine my kids from each other when they're sick. They always get sick anyway.

I just hope with Aeris being so little that it doesn't turn into something worse for her. My poor baby. It's breaking my heart listening to her cough and sneeze and gag on all the phlegm. We all stayed home from church on Sunday and with Monday being a holiday, spent yet another day at home, trying to recover and keep from passing on all the germs. It snowed 6 inches Monday morning, so I was glad we didn't have any obligations, but by afternoon it was sunny and beautiful and would have been a perfect sledding day. How depressing to be stuck inside. AGAIN!

Well today before school I asked Jade several times how she was feeling. "Are you okay? Do you think you need to stay home from school. Are you sure you're okay? Maybe you should stay inside from recess today. Are you sure you're really okay?" I took her into class because she is the Star Student this week and had a poster to take and share. I talked to her teacher mentioning that she was coughing and she might want to limit her physical activities. She was pretty understanding, but I just felt so crumby for some reason. I really had to drag myself out of the classroom.

As usual I should have listened to my motherly instincts. Jade called me just after lunch to come and get her. She'd lost her lunch out on the playground. I cancelled my piano lessons AGAIN and we spent the rest of the day at home watching TV AGAIN. I can't believe it. This is a NEW symptom. Does that mean we're all going to come down with this now?

So, that's my update for the week. We've stayed home A LOT. We've been drinking a lot of clear fluids. We're constantly applying antibacterial gel and I've become a Lysol fanatic. We've been camped out on the couch and floor of the family room for practically ten days straight with the occasional trip to the bathroom.

I think I'm going to go crazy.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh, I hear you on this! We have had non-stop since mid-October. Seems that we've not gone longer than 5 or 6 days without someone getting something again! Expecially the two younger kids. Turns out for Dawson that he needs his tonsils and adeniods removed, which should help him immensely. He hasn't even been out in the snow at all yet! When Groundhog Day rolled around, I was really hoping that winter would be ending fast! Looks like we're in for at least 6 more weeks. Hopefully your kids are doing well now. I always try and tell myself...this is just how it is with 3 sometimes. And I agree, the quarantine doesn't have any effect on viral bugs, does it?