Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Jungle



This is my garden. I've looked at it a million times from the back windows, but on Saturday stepped out into it for the first time in over two weeks. Was I shocked! Last year we had a garden full of struggling plants, so this spring we made a special effort to treat the soil and till it really well (it took Nate about THREE

hours). Well, that combined with a drip system and the drenching rain we've had, the plants have flourished. I stood there at the side scratching my head wondering how I was going to navigate a way through to pick anything. My corn stalks are seven feet tall and have already produced full-sized ears of corn. The pumpkin vines travel the whole length of the garden and are trying to take over the lawn as well. I'm thinking of making pumpkin selling a little side business in October.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you started a blog! Yay! It looks great. Thanks again for the fun day we had on Sunday with you guys. The blessing was beautiful.
-Michelle

Amy said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Come by and visit mine from time to time--I love visitors. Your garden is awesome! We have an itty bitty garden--much too small to grow corn.

The Hemenway's said...

Wow, your yard looks great!!! It is good to see so much green -- we are just getting our yard in right now!!!

Jenn said...

Jaynan,

It's Jenn Haycock. I just wanted to tell you congrats on the new baby! She is seriously so beautiful. Thank you for sending us the announcement as well. We hope all is going well.. your blog is fun and it will be fun to see how you guys are doing. See you soon.