Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I'll try to be brief

Since it's been a VERY LONG TIME since I've updated this blog and it's not because we haven't been doing anything worth writing about, but rather that we've been so busy that I haven't written, I'm going to make a list of all the noteworthy events in our household.


1. Jade ran in a 1-mile race and won 1st place in her age group, 3rd overall for female racers.


2. We celebrated Halloween with parties, parades, and trick or treating resulting in so much candy that Logan told someone we'd been to every house in the whole world and that he had about a million treats.


3. We closed on our new home.


4. We scrubbed our new home top to bottom and painted the cement basement floor. Now our kids can roller skate down there all winter.


5. We moved into our new home.


6. We enrolled Logan at his new elementary school.


7. We unpacked and put our house together in less than a week. I can't stand to live in disorder.


8. I started teaching piano lessons again.

9. We put a water softener into our new home. Hard water is the WORST!!! I've used a TON of Lime Away and haven't even made a dent in some of the hard water build up on the counters and in the master shower. The toilets and sinks are clean, thanks to a pumice stone.


10. My grandmother passed away peacefully at 90 years old... the last of my grandparents.




10. We enjoyed visits from all of my siblings who came into town from out of state for the funeral.



11. We celebrated Thanksgiving with visits to Nate's parents' house and mine. It was nice to visit my parents' house without all of our stuff cluttering it up! Aeris really misses them and she was so thrilled to be there that I let her skip her nap.

12. We decorated for Christmas. The last few years, I've struggled to find space for all my decorations, and now it feels like I don't have quite enough. I LOVE THIS HOUSE!!!


So that brings us to today, where we are trying to create some routine after a pretty crazy year. I hope it won't be so long before you hear from me again.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

You have been like me lately no time to post updates! I'm excited to see your new house and good job Jade with the race! Go girl! I hope you are starting to feel at home in your new house and neighborhood

Michelle said...

Welcome back to blogging! What a good update on everything you guys have been up to. And, you've been very busy!

Shannon said...

You certainly have had a full few months. I love your new home, the floor plan is perfect and I love the style. You've done a great job getting settled in already too.

I am sorry about your grandma's passing. How fortunate you were to have her around for so much of your life. There is something so monumental when the last of your grandparents passes. It marks the end of an era.

I am happy that my two boys are lucky enough to be your piano students. I am impressed with your organization already!

Amanda said...

You've been busy! Don't let too much time go by before posting again!!